There are three basic things that I have found that make a big impact in my life to help me find peace of mind and focus. Here are the three things that have made the biggest impact in my life:
A life of fulfillment is one where you never stop learning which is why one of my goals is to find time to read each and every day. Find something that interests you and get a book about it. Reading will open your mind to new ideas and allow you to continue learning everyday. Below are some books that I have found very interesting and that I was able to learn substantially from. However, you can chose any book that matches your interests as long as you are opening your mind to new ideas every day.
- The 10X Rule – Grant Cardone
- This book completely changed my way of thinking when it comes to how I go about creating my goals and the actions I take to reach them.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Stephen Covey
- The habits talked about in this book seem simple but hard to implement. I try to integrate these habits into my daily life though it is often difficult. I have noticed, however, that the more I follow them, the more effective I am.
- Crucial Conversations – Al Switzler, Joseph Grenny, and Ron McMillan
- Through reading this book, I learned techniques to help me have important conversations in a productive manner. It is a fascinating book because it explains the underlying factors that most often lead to conflict in conversations and presents ways to have these conversations in a more productive way.
Journaling is one of the best ways that I have found to get in touch with my inner thoughts and clear my mind to keep it from racing between random thoughts. Writing down your thoughts and feelings helps make you aware of subconscious emotions that you may not otherwise notice. Journaling is not always easy but if you just let yourself write whatever comes to mind, you will find you actually have a lot to say. Make sure you read back over what you wrote at the end to gain insight into your mind. You may not always know exactly what is bothering you until you get it all out on paper to make it clear. Spend at least 5 minutes everyday journaling and you will be able to have a better vision of where you are and where you want to go.
Meditation helps me find the peace of mind that I need from the hectic and chaotic thoughts that run through my mind all day. If you pay attention, you will notice that all day long, your mind is not completely focused on the present, but instead thinking about the past, the future, or simply daydreaming. Meditation is a technique that can help you become aware of your thoughts and strictly focus on the present for a short amount of time. This is extremely helpful because you can train yourself to quiet the thoughts to help you be aware of the present. After meditating, you will probably find that have more focus and concentration than any other point in the day. Try to do this for at least 5-10 minutes every day.
On a typical day, I personally prefer to journal towards the end of the night when my thoughts are still racing. Then I will meditate for about 10-15 minutes in order to clear my mind. After meditating, I like to read because I can concentrate much better and absorb more of the information. However, you can do these things anytime of day and in any order you like.
Thanks for reading! Before your go, please leave a comment letting me know what habits help you the most throughout your days.